Image Map

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Basil Orange Mimosa

orange_basil_champagne_cocktail.jpg

Happy New Year! I hope yours is off to a great start. And if not...I've got a delicious cure for you! I'm kind of a sucker for a delicious beverage...especially if that beverage contains alcohol, and especially if it's socially acceptable to drink it for breakfast!  (You too?)
Okay, I'm really not an alcoholic, and I rarely drink in the morning...but what better way to ring in the New Year than with a drink!?

There is much to celebrate, that is for sure. I am blessed. And one of my resolutions for 2013 is to focus more on celebrating what is rather than dwelling on what isn't. So today, the first day of the New Year, I am toasting to all that is - the good, the bad, the beautiful, and the ugly - in my life and yours. All of it is blessed.

(I know.... I get sentimental when I toast... :)


Anyway... let's have a mimosa! With a twist, of course.

The best twist I know of? A little thing called Basil Simple Syrup.


Mix it with anything fruity and it takes it to a whole new level.
Lemonade? Delicious. Basil lemonade? Outrageously good.
Strawberries? Superb. Strawberries drizzled with basil syrup? O.M.G.

Okay, enough talking... let's get you a drink!


Basil Orange Mimosa
1/2 orange, peeled & muddled
8 oz. champagne
2 oz. orange juice
2 Tbsp. basil syrup

Muddle orange segments; add champagne, orange juice, and basil syrup. Mix well. Remove pithy parts of orange to eliminate bitterness.


Basil Simple Syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup fresh basil leaves (a little less is ok)

Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in basil leaves. Let cool. Store in the refrigerator.


Happy New Year - Enjoy!





Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling!
I hope you feel right at home :)
-Cathy


*Linking up this week to these lovely blogs - thanks to all for hosting!


Polkadot Pretties (Sunday)
Petite Hermine (Sunday)
Life on Lakeshore Drive (Sunday)
Flamingo Toes (Sunday)
Twigg Studios (Sunday)
Nifty Thrifty Things (Sunday)
I Heart Naptime (Sunday)
C.R.A.F.T. (Monday)
Alderberry Hill (Monday)
The Dedicated House (Monday)
Making The World Cuter (Monday)
I Should Be Mopping the Floor (Monday)
Skip to my Lou (Monday)
My Favorite Finds (Monday)
Craft-O-Maniac (Monday)
The Gunny Sack (Monday)
Project Inspire (Monday)
Keeping It Simple (Monday)
The Blackberry Vine (Tuesday)
Dixie and Dottie (Tuesday)
Crafty Confessions (Tuesday)
Salt Tree (Tuesday)
Funky Polkadot Giraffe (Tuesday)
Sugar Bee Crafts (Tuesday)
Not Just a Housewife (Tuesday)
Crazy for Crust (Tuesday)
Practically Functional (Wednesday)
Lady Behind the Curtain (Wednesday)
Gingersnap Crafts (Wednesday)
White Lights on Wednesday (Wednesday)
Pincushion Creations (Wednesday)
Lil' Luna (Wednesday)
Southern Lovely (Wednesday)
Hungry Little Girl (Wednesday)
Someday Crafts (Wednesday)
Designed Decor (Thursday)
The Crafty Blog Stalker (Thursday)
The 36th Avenue (Thursday)
Food Done Light (Thursday)
The Shabby Creek Cottage (Thursday)
Made In a Day (Thursday)
Somewhat Simple (Thursday)
Just Us Four (Friday)
Dear Creatives (Friday)
Blissful and Domestic (Friday)
Delicate Construction (Friday)
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating (Friday)
Craftionary (Friday)
The Shabby Nest (Friday)
It's a Hodgepodge Life (Friday)
Petals to Picots (Friday)
Tatertots and Jello (Friday)
See Vanessa Craft (Friday)
Family Ever After (Friday)
Thirty Handmade Days (Friday)
Sew-licious Home Decor (Saturday)
It's Overflowing (Saturday)
Six Sisters' Stuff (Saturday)
504 Main (Saturday)
Tutus & Tea Parties (Saturday)
Or So She Says (Saturday)
Be Different Act Normal (Saturday)

18 comments :

  1. Ohhhh this sounds so good. I love mimosas. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so...and it's really so easy! Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the combo of orange and basil. This would be delicious. Would love for you to share on Thursdays Treasures http://fooddonelight.com/thursdays-treasures-week-67/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to share - thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  3. Yummo! Thanks for sharing. Found you on Craft O Maniac Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!I'm hoping to make a delicious V-day beverage soon too :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, that sounds amazing! Next time I have fresh basil I'm going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessi! I know...it's perfect for summer when you have so much basil you don't know what to do with it...! :)

      Delete
  5. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!!

    Chrissy
    http://www.thetaylor-house.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Chrissy! Hope you like it if you decide to try it! :)

      Delete
  6. This sound so yummy, and they look so pretty! I will have to try these very soon! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! And thanks for giving me the chance to share! :)

      Delete
  7. This sounds so good! I'm a big fan of mimosas, but never thought to add any basil (or other herbs) to it, but I know I will next time!

    I would love it if you would link up at Martha Mondays, open now through Wednesday night!

    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2013/01/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features.html

    ~Amanda
    www.watchoutmartha.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,
      Thanks for the invite...I've started linking up with you on Mondays! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. This sounds wonderful, though champagne tends to give me headaches. Do you think it would work just as well with a sparkling moscato?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...