Image Map

Saturday, February 2, 2013

XOXO Framed Art


Valentine's_Day_Art.jpg

Valentine's Day is less than 2 weeks away, and my house has already been decorated in red and white for a month. It's probably time for me to get over it and start thinking about something more important (like what's on the Super Bowl menu...) but my mind is still spinning with Valentine's Day ideas that I wanted to get to, meant to get to, or had no intention of getting to but am now too excited to let go of! So...before I switch gears to what really matters in life (aka Super Bowl menu) I wanted to share one last-minute Valentine's Day idea with you. It's super cute, super easy, and makes a great kids' project, too!



In fact, it all started as a kids' project. As you can see, Greta has been working on her letters. (Is it just me...or is there is nothing cuter than a little kids' handwriting?) She is SO proud of herself and loves to ask me how to spell things so she can write them on her cards and drawings. So when I suggested that she make a Valentine's Day project with x's & o's, she couldn't have been more excited. And when I told her she could use a Sharpie, well, she nearly fell out of her seat! (It's the simple things...)

About halfway down the page, she started doing things like coloring in the o's, or making them into hearts, or turning x's into o's. She was clearly tired of writing, but that's okay... I find the imperfection charming :)


While she worked on hers, I worked on mine....



....and when we were both done, I cut them into hearts and added a tiny red heart to each.


For the frame, I used a simple black frame with a textured white mat.


I love the black & white with just a touch of red....simple, clean, and classic.


This is definitely giving me some more ideas...but since I'm cutting myself off from any more Valentine's Day decorating this year, I guess I'll have to wait 'till next :)


In the meantime, if you are looking for more XOXO Valentine's Day ideas, check out my XOXO Candles!


Happy Valentine's Day!

Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling!
I hope you feel right at home :)
-Cathy 

25 comments :

  1. Great project! Greta's is especially charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree... I'll tell her you said so :)

      Delete
  2. Love your valentine art - A fun doable project.
    I'd love for you to come over and share at Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party/http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-3/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the project and can't wait for my 13yo to see this! You have a beautiful blog and I am your newest follower! Please visit my blog and take a look around. If you see something you like, I would love for you to follow me back!
    http:///www.nstitchesdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! My teacher friends will love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your craft at crafty confessions today. This is really cute! I love this!
    misselayneosthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to do this with my grandson. Super CUTE idea. Love it!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love simple things around the house for different holidays! I love it:) Visiting from The Blackberry Vine party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet Cathy! Love your simple ideas! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog! Crochet with wire is a pleasant challenge to me.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable craft... love Greta's little xs and os! So sweet. I'd be tickled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I LOVE this! Just gorgeous. I'm hosting a Loving Valentine's Day Party (with a prize package) and I'd love for you to stop by and link this up! Have a wonderful day!

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2013/02/loving-valentines-day-party-link-up.html

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great project! I love that Greta was involved in this one, and I definitely agree - there's nothing cuter than kids handwriting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really like this idea. Simple - yet looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. xoxox this idea. Thank you for sharing at my party.
    I'm coping you :-)
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute idea!! I love it. You did a great job. Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun. I would love each of my Little Chefs to make this because their writing would be so different and so memorable. I'd love for you to share this at my party. http://www.fivelittlechefs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute. I love your daughters heart! I love the matting! I just started a new link party and would love for you to come over and share your post or any social media sites. Talkin’ About Thursday - http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party6/
    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is soo stinking cute! Love its sweet simplicity. I pinned it and I am your newest follower~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the frame, and candles. So simple, so cute! I am your newest GFC follower, and found you via 'The Best Blog Recipes: Weekend Re-Treat'. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Angie G.
    http://mycraftycollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. How precious to have your daughter write it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Althought it's not V-Day specific, my bathroom is black red and white..I think I need to make one of these to hang in there! ;) Thanks for sharing at the Loving Valentine's Day Party!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is just so sweet! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a super cute story about your daughter and the sharpie! It really is the simple things in life, isn't it?

    Thanks so much for linking up this project at my weekend link party @The Weekend re-Treat

    Hope to see you again this weekend! The party starts late tonight :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...