Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Perfect Pomarita

There's less than a week to go until Cinco de Mayo....a great excuse to eat delicious food and enjoy a beverage or two! You'll fall in love with these Perfect Pomaritas, made with fresh lime juice and agave nectar....first round's on me!



We used to live just a few blocks from  a Mexican restaurant. Needless to say, we visited it...often! Often enough that we knew exactly what we would order without looking at a menu. Often enough that, when Greta turned three, she requested it for her birthday meal. Often enough that one of the waitresses knew our kids by name and gave them big hugs every time we were there....! Yes, we frequented (and loved!) our little neighborhood restaurant.


But then we moved a little further away, and our kids started going to school, and Jorden started working later hours......and the frequent visits to our little restaurant became much less frequent. And then one day Jorden came home and told me it had closed... for good! I couldn't help but feel somehow responsible....(had our frequent visits been keeping them afloat??)


(The answer, in case you're wondering, is no.) And the reality, in case you're wondering, is that we still have plenty of Mexican restaurants to choose from! None are as quaint and homey as our old Guadalupe, but as long as they make good guac and a mean margarita, I'm totally on board! And for the times when life gets in the way of us frequenting one of said restaurants, I made up a mean margarita recipe that we can enjoy at home! And by WE, I mean YOU, too!!


Perfect Pomarita
3 oz. tequila
2 oz. fresh lime juice
2 oz. pomegranate juice blend (100% juice)
1 oz. triple sec
1 oz. agave nectar

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy! Store extra in freezer (as if you will have any extra......!)  


Happy Cinco de Mayo! Enjoy! 

Looking for another delicious summer drink recipe? Check out my Lemon Meringue Martini!

 

Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!
-Cathy 
 

10 comments :

  1. 9:30 a.m. is probably a bit early for this, but it is 5:00 o'clock somewhere.
    Looks mighty tasty! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby's got the flu, it's Monday....so this is THE PERFECT evening beverage for me today! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true, all you need is a good margarita and guacamole! I love this pomegranate version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh looks so delish! Hope you can drop by the party tomorrow & link up some of your lovely posts! I could use one of these tomorrow I've had a rough week! TGIF & happy Cinco de Mayo!Theresa from @ DearCreatives.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margs are my favorite, and I can't wait to try this one! Pomegranate sounds so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing : )

    xoxo Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This drink looks delicious. I have just started to love pomegranates and I know I would love this!

    Thanks for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! DId you change your blog design? It looks cute! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum pinning!! Thanks for linking up last week on Made in a Day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...