Image Map

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

DIY Garden Party Invitations

These DIY Garden Party Invitations - made with simple seed packets - are the perfect starting point for a 
Red, White & Blue Summer Garden party!


Birthday parties have always been my thing. Ever since Ellia turned 1, I've been doing my best to do 'em up! We've had all kinds of different themes - polka dots, zoo animals, honeybees, butterflies, princesses, a backyard picnic party, and this year, a red/white/blue garden party (next weekend)! The parties have varied in their extravagance, depending on life circumstances (2 years ago, when Nora was a newborn, it was all I could do to throw a party, period!) And when I say extravagance, I'm not talking ponies and bounce houses, but the small stuff! The decorations, the party favors, and all the little details that make a birthday party feel special. Those are the things that make parties so fun for me!!



Okay, with three kids, I'd be lying if I said party planning was always fun...but I must say, I've been getting smarter about how and when I do the planning so it doesn't end up just feeling like a giant burden! (I still want to enjoy my kids' birthdays!!) Want to know when I started planning this year's party? Last summer!! The same day I saw these sweet little napkins at JoAnn's! I instantly fell in love with them, bought all the rest, and tucked them away for another time. But the best part about it was that the seed was already planted (haha - get it!?) for this year's garden party!


So when June rolled around, and we started celebrating birthdays, I already had a pretty good idea of what we were going to do for our giant summer birthday party. And I was able to start collecting things as I saw them - a red watering can here, a blue paisley tablecloth there, some metal pails with red/white/blue ribbon from the Target $1 spot, some flower pots from my mom, red & white chevron treat bags from Michael's, some blue & white paper garland from Goodwill, gardening tools and gloves, pretty vintage ribbon, and just today, red/white/blue doilies! And then there were these seed packets.


I knew I wanted to use seed packets for the invitations, but when I originally looked at a local hardware store, they were nearly $2 each! As much as I love my girls....and want their party to be special....I'm just not willing to go overboard on the cost. Especially for something like invitations, which people end up throwing away, anyway! So when my mom, in her infinite wisdom and helpfulness, suggested I try the Dollar Store, I was all over it. And not only did I find exactly what I was looking for, but they were just 10 cents each! 10 CENTS!!


I bought enough for all the invitations, and a few extra (just in case). Then I found these cute little gift tags at Michael's, along with some matching ribbon, and used blue cardstock as an accent. I stamped the gift tags with a blue flower, used fine-tipped markers to write out the details, punched a hole through the seed packets, cardstock, and gift tag, and looped the ribbon through the hole. Voila! Quick, easy, and adorable....just the way I like it! And, usually.....the only way I can handle it!

Supplies:
seed packets
colored cardstock
white gift tags (sold at Michael's)
small stamp & colored ink
fine-tipped colored markers
ribbon
envelopes


More Garden Party posts coming soon....!




Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!
-Cathy

7 comments :

  1. Perfect for a Summer party - I love that it's adorable AND economical Cathy! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Cath! You've always been my party planning guru :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute - and inviting (get it?).
    I'm thinking you'll be coming up with a theme for next year soon. Let me know, so I can search my cupboards. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I think garden parties are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, these are adorable and look so easy to make! How fun!

    My readers would love to see these cute invitations! I’d love it if you linked this up over at Living Well Spending Less for Thrifty Thursday this week! http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/category/thrifty-thursday/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited a lot of website but I conceive this one has something extra in it.
    Pinterest party

    ReplyDelete
  7. These DIY Garden Party invitations are looking stunning. The best thing is that these are so easy to make so I can try out these for my upcoming family gathering bash that I have been planning recently. Have just decided on one of the garden themed party Venues in NYC and rest of the arrangements are still pending.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...