Image Map

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Teacher Gift: {Colored} Pencil Holder

All you need is a tin can, some spray paint, and a couple boxes of colored pencils to make this adorable {Colored} Pencil Holder...the perfect back-to-school Teacher Gift!


Well, folks....we've officially reached that point in summer when I am convinced that school needs to start. SOON! One of the things I'm looking forward to most (in addition to having a couple more moments of sanity in my day)? The fact that Greta will be starting kindergarten!! I can't wait to see how her year begins, her excitement and nerves on the first day of school, what new little friends she makes, and, maybe most importantly, who her teacher is!!



I can't tell you what type of teacher Greta needs, or what type I hope she gets. But I can tell you that whoever she gets will make a big difference! Will she get someone who understands her goofiness and appreciates her infectious laugh....or someone who wishes she'd be a little more serious? Will she get someone who nurtures her creativity and give her lots of ways to express it....or someone who focuses more on the academics? It might sound like I'm hoping for one or the other, but really, I'm not! More than anything, I hope Greta's kindergarten teacher helps her to become her best 5 year old self.


We've never given first day of school teacher gifts....but this year we're going to! What better way to help the school year get off to a great start than by showing our kids' teachers just how much we appreciate them....for teaching, for guiding, for helping our kids grow into the best little people they can be!? I love this DIY {Colored} Pencil Holder because it's cute, it's colorful, and it's functional! And best of all, it's easy to make! So you can enjoy the rest of your summer with your kiddos...before someone else takes over.


Supplies Needed:
*1 tin can (14 oz. size)
*white spray paint
*approximately 36 colored pencils
*hot glue gun
*twine

1. Empty and wash can thoroughly. Dry completely.
2. Coat several times with white spray paint.
3. Cut colored pencils to desired length 
4. Use hot glue to adhere pencils to can. 
5. Wrap and tie twine around pencil holder; fill with pencils.




Looking for another creative teacher gift? How about this adorable Chalk Frame?





Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling....
I hope you feel right at home!
-Cathy

13 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana!! The girls are excited to give one to their teachers! :)

      Delete
  2. How did you cut colored pencils?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen, I actually had my husband cut them using a table saw, but he said a mitre saw would work, too. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  3. I love this - so cute and perfect for a a little first day of school gift! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! They're so easy to make, too! And the kiddos can help! :)

      Delete
  4. Super cute, Cathy! Love the new twist on the pencil tin can. I'm sure Greta's teacher will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, I love this. I think the white tin can is why it is extra-pretty. I have to give some thought to what I buy that can come in a white can. What was in yours?

    Thanks for stopping by and sharing it with us on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop.
    Blessings,
    Sinea
    Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice project!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, thanks!
    Kind regards,
    JoyJonne Hooks - joyjonne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! So fun! You've been featured at Time to Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple and absolutely adorable! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is adorable, fun and has great impact for not a big chunk of money...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...